Hey, getting back into it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Used to do car audio about 10 years ago (doesn't feel like it). I know I've forgotten more then I know now. Currently I'm about to build a new fireplace mantle and I'm wanting to incorporate speakers into it, so I'm trying to relearn everything again and learn some new stuff along the way. Home audio seems to be quite a bit more involved then car audio.

Anyways, so far from what reading I have done this seems like a really good community for diyr's and a great source of information.

Duncan

yes it is.

It's not ideal by any means but I have gone through many different variations of fireplaces and initially soundbars. But never could find the right "look" of fireplace mantle. Now that I have, my soundbar idea is out the window. So I need to make the most out of what I have.

This is how my fireplace is now.

This is what I will be recreating

Here's a very rough image of the dimensions I have to play with. Fixed are 90" wide and the pillars have to be 8" wide.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.