Hello from Callander,Ontario,Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
My name is Bill and I'm 61 years old.I've been an enthusiast for a long time,but seeing that I have a little more time on my hands(semi retired) decided it's time to start rejuvenating some of my gear and updating others.I'm presently using
Acurus A250 Power Amp
Acurus RL11 Pre
Yamaha TX350 Tuner
Nakamichi CD Player 2
B&W DM 14s
The DM 14s are being used right now as I have my DM6s that I have owned since around 1978 all apart.So far the cross overs have been recapped,cabs refinished and stands braced.One damaged TW20 tweeter so the hunt was on.Found a newer pair of DM6s without the Low Freq LPad with a bad tweeter and a couple more that I sourced online.So I'm sure to have at least one good pair if not two.The Dm 14s are growing on me ,but I still like the DM6s better..
Also have my Ariston RD11s with a Mayware Formula 4 all apart.Suspension is now done,replacing the bottom board of the plinth with something a bit stronger and a general cleanup,lube and belts.The Mayware is getting a rewire,bracing up of the headshell,and a cleanup.My SAE 1000e has been retipped and have a Astatic MF 200 sitting on the side.Also new interconnects for the TT.I'll be using a Bugle II that i assembled from a kit.First time I've ever tried that.It was fun expecially those small solder pads.Powers up fine and preliminary tests are good.The final test will be when the Ariston is going
Hope to learn lots here.Also hope that this wasn't too to long a intro post.

Regards Bill

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thank You,
Was it Tilden Lake<Lake Temagami?.There are Many in this area.I'm on Nipissing.

I took a good look at the map.. Pretty sure it was Marten Lake..

Are you eating the fish out of Nipissing? Are you a fisherman? My late Father used to bring home fresh fish from Nipissing.. I dream about a freezer full of fish out of that water.. Not crazy about any of the farmed stuff in the grocery stores, including seafood..

I took a good look at the map.. Pretty sure it was Marten Lake..

Are you eating the fish out of Nipissing? Are you a fisherman? My late Father used to bring home fresh fish from Nipissing.. I dream about a freezer full of fish out of that water.. Not crazy about any of the farmed stuff in the grocery stores, including seafood..

No,I don't fish,Used to take the kids out to the Perch Beds when they were little.I'm a Marine Tech by trade so owning a boat now is not on my list of priorities.We do enjoy a fresh feed of Pickerel know and then though.Nipissing is in a bit of trouble right now from over fishing .Just google Commercial Fishing or Netting in Nipissing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.