Hi from Berlin (Germany)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

this is Tobias writing. I am a student of naval architecture (thats why the nickname) and interested in doing/building things.

The first things I build by myself were telescopes (includes the grinding and polishing of the mirror), the last few years I spent some time with coffee machines and now: audio.

I think this will need a lot of time, but I think its worth. The first audio project that I had was a phono preamp called LiTe (project documented at analog-forum.de). The next one, I hope is a symasym for my RFT BR26. Next year I would like to try something with open baffles. (I heard a pair once and it doesnt let go.....). I also got no preamp and no source selection. So there is a lot to do;). After I heard one time with all parts in diy constructions, I knew that this would be my way! I am used in soldering, but not in development.

So I hope you can help me, if I need so.

Greets from Berlin,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

welcome on board and many greetings from Hamburg to Berlin!

I have joined this forum 5 years ago and enjoy each day browsing through the forums and enhancing my knowledge about AUDIO hardware.

If you are really interested in building a SYMASYM: have a look at the attached image!
It shows you my current SYMASYM layout: being based on the SYMASYM 5.3, having a small, but efficient frontend-PSU (CAP-multiplier) of its own, a backend-PSU and speaker protection, all on a single PCB.
Its is 94 x 210 mm.

Have a look at other DIY - amplifiers as well! There are many of them in this forum!

Enjoy - best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• PSU 008.jpg
    PSU 008.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi Rudi,

I felt like I have read your nickname before ;-). And yes, I think youre active at the analog-forum.de too. Thanks for the warm welcome!

It sounds interesting, especially the speaker protection onboard. Rigth now I am waiting for a response from someone in Berlin who has offerd some boards to me. The fact, that this should be my first amp (first time 230V ;-) makes me a bit cautious and I like it, when someone is in the near for support. But I think about it.

Thanks and greets,
Tobias

(p.s.: Its very likely that I will move to Hamburg next year ;) ).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.