Howdy from Texas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hola,
So, I'm moreof a DIYer than an audiophile. I have a habit of looking at something and thinking "I can do that". So, I've completed a bunch of projects and assembled a hodge-podge of various tools. I've tried rebuilding old muscle cars, welding, woodworking, home repair, home improvement, landscaping, assembling PCs, etc...

Anyways, about 11 years ago, I build two subs. Each has a Stryke AV-12 and two Stryke 15" Passive radiators. When I moved into a new house, the old subs no longer fit so I moved the drivers, PRs, and plate amps into a credenza-style subwoofer. Over the years, the foam surround rotted on the PRs with an assist from the wife's cats. So, this year I made a new sub and forgot how much I liked it the tinkering. I then made a pair of modified overnight sensations and a sub for the office using (mostly) spare parts.

I'm now looking to make either a good set of bookshelves or tower speakers for my Living Area which the family uses to watch movies.

Look forward to being part of the community!

Amp Rack in a little closet under the stairs: tons of fans to keep it cool.
20140710_191000.jpg

Den Subwoofer with a Dayton 15" Ultimax
20140314_1007321.jpg

New office sub with old Stryke Audio 12s in a clamshell Isobarik sealed enclosure
20140830_221940.jpg

The experiment: Overnight sensations MTM in an octogon enclosure
20140722_070412.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.