Hi from Belgium

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I know I posted a few replies already, I've even started 4 threads, but still, an introduction might be a good thing.

I'm a 17 year old student from Belgium. I'm currently in my last year of high school, where I follow sciences-mathematics (7h sciences, 8h math). Next year I want to go study "Burgerlijk Ingenieur - Elektrotechnieken", this would be translated as "Civil Engineer - Electrotechnics". In the new bachelor-master system (this is in the EU, don't know about USA etc.) that would be Master of Science in Electrotechnics.

I have been interrested in electronics for +-2 years now, but only the last year I've been getting really interested. I've made a few simple things like a Chu Moy headamp and a 4x 9V PSU. Then I learned about making my own PCB's (about 3 months ago) and a whole new world opened itself, now I would be able to make complex circuits without getting headaces trying to put it on veroboard. The things I'm currently working on are a JLH amp (small addon circuits + heatsinks need to be finished) and I just started trying to design a preamp.

My DIY plans:
- Amp (almost done: JLH '03)
- Preamp (busy: designing my first real circuit)
- 2 Gainclones
- Active 3 (or 4) way crossover
- Active 3-way loudspeakers
- Subwoofer (in case I make a 4 way crossover)

Quite a long list and I'm sure it will take a long time before it's finished :).

So, I hope that's enough, if you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask.

SpaBlauw said:
Have you decided on wich university you're gonna enroll?
I think I'll go to Leuven, but I'm not 100% sure yet (close to it however ;)).

planet10 said:
Welcome to the forum... i always like to see fresh, young faces joining up to keep us old guys in check :)
Thanks. I think I don't know enough yet to keep you guys in check, but who knows, one day I might ;).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.