Hi from Seattle!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I originally posted on this forum, complaining about how I got frauded by www.diyproaudio.com , and wondering if anybody else had aswell.

But after looking around, I see this forum has a lot to offer! I would call myself an audio enthusiast, but certainly not a very audio-educated one by any means!

I'm currently a sophomore attending the University of Washington, to major in Aeronautical Engineering.

But I've always loved audio stuff. I have a few keyboards, including a really cool Yamaha DX100 from back in the day. An old Hammond organ, and bunches of guitars. I built a homemade talkbox, and I am now planning to build an electric guitar from scratch within the next month or so. A friend has purchased a book explaining how to build a pickup winder from old sewing machine parts!

I'm also very interested in car audio, I drive a 1998 Subaru Impreza, and am in a few Subaru clubs. Currently I have a Subaru Legacy GT cd player in it, with Kenwood speakers all around, two MTX 10in subs in a big bandpass box with 200 watts each.

diyproaudio

I ordered a speaker kit over a month ago and haven't heard anything from them or received any replys to my numerous emails. They charged my credit card, so I know they got the order. I did receive an almost immediate response when I pretended to be a new potential buyer which spells scam to me. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE!!!
If any one has any dealings with this site, I'd like to hear about them.

www.diyproaudio.com (thief) Curtis Adams

Does Anyone know the address of these crooks?
Total of $98.99
E-bay purchase, and follow up purchase.
As of yet "not received". No reasons offered.
(1st transaction)
www.diyproaudio.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:23:30 -0800
To: dvszl at yahoo.com
Subject: Receipt for your eBay Payment
Dear dvszl at yahoo.com
This email confirms that you sent an eBay payment of $60.99 USD to
audioreceivables@yahoo.com for an eBay item.
Item Number: 3703586107
eBay User ID: dvszl
End Date: Feb. 14, 2004
Item Title: 12" Spkr Kit + Xtra Horn
------------------------------
Payment Details
Amount: $60.99 USD
Transaction ID: 3PC63501GR506152H
Subject: 12" Spkr Kit + Xtra Horn

(2nd Transaction)
Pay Me With PayPal
Dear dvszl at yahoo.com
curt adams (audioreceivables@yahoo.com) would like to be paid through PayPal.
Money Request Details
Amount: $38.00 USD
Note: this is for 2 more 12" and shipping thanks
Pay With PayPal
PayPal makes it easy to send curt adams money. Click below to send this payment:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear dvszl at yahoo.com
This email confirms that you sent a payment for $38.00 USD to
audioreceivables@yahoo.com.
Payment Details
Amount: $38.00 USD
Subject: 2 12"
Note:
this is for 2 more 12" and shipping thanks
Since these purchases were made, I have received NO HELP from E-Bay, PayPal, or Anyone else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.