Hello from Jupiter Florida! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th July 2014, 05:42 PM   #1
SonyFan is offline SonyFan  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hello from Jupiter Florida!

I only thought it appropriate to create an introduction as my first post.

A little about myself,

I am an audio enthusiast living in South Florida and trying to complete my college career, all while acquiring as much eighties and nineties hi-fi gear as I can. I work at Nitro Sound of Jupiter Florida as a part-time car audio installer and occasionally work with their excellent in-house technician and electronics guru on repair and restoration jobs for clients as well as extensively on my own equipment. My love for audio began in my vehicle in high school, when everyone wanted to be the loudest in town- and by a good measure, I was. For less money than you can even imagine. Since my SUV and primary platform for audio died, I have resigned to life as a sound quality enthusiast and collector of vintage gear. I suffered permanent hearing damage in my left ear as a basshead but also gained a love for old-school quality that never died, despite my now receding love for wicked loud bass. That is why I arrived at this website, as a long time reader and now a new member. I have read many forum posts in my hunt for audio truth but none have impressed me as much as those on this site. It seems that a professional community of mature enthusiasts has formed here and despite my limited knowledge I would like nothing less than to be a part of it. Hopefully I can offer some of my knowledge in return for all of the learning I have done as a result of reading the posts here.

I fear I am beginning to become winded, so I will end this post here with a friendly hello from the Sunshine State!
Old 19th July 2014, 05:55 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to diyAudio.

dave
Old 20th July 2014, 03:50 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

And a warm welcome a coast far away, but on the same continent.
Old 20th July 2014, 04:29 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the hospitality, gentlemen!
Old 21st July 2014, 04:55 AM   #5
AZJoe71 is offline AZJoe71  United States
diyAudio Member

NewBee here from AZ. I was looking on here for help with an older Gem Sound XP-350 2ch power amp. It appears to be built cheaply but it does work. Just the left channel seems just a little weaker ( as far as sound output) than the right channel. I'm thinking bad or weak pwr. transistor or weak solder joint maybe. Working on it for a customer and haven't much experience with this amp so I have no schematic and when I tried to email Gem Sound my email bounced back. Oh, well tomorrow I'll try to trace it out and get the scope on the channels and see what's going on.

Thank you,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21st July 2014, 04:56 AM   #6
AZJoe71 is offline AZJoe71  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello from AZ NewBee here, thanks, Joe

Old 21st July 2014, 03:20 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoe71 View Post
NewBee here from AZ. I was looking on here for help with an older Gem Sound XP-350 2ch power amp. It appears to be built cheaply but it does work. Just the left channel seems just a little weaker ( as far as sound output) than the right channel. I'm thinking bad or weak pwr. transistor or weak solder joint maybe. Working on it for a customer and haven't much experience with this amp so I have no schematic and when I tried to email Gem Sound my email bounced back. Oh, well tomorrow I'll try to trace it out and get the scope on the channels and see what's going on.

Thank you,
Joe

Sounds like you need to adjust the bias current. The value of which may even be defined on the board.

Hide this!Advertise here!