I'm saying goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally not. Pulling all posts plus all responses from other users to those posts is not only a HUGE task (we do this stuff on a volunteer basis), it's unfair to everyone else in the conversation who might not want their stuff pulled.

The TOS is pretty self-explanatory and rather generic. If you have any questions about it, drop a line to the site owner or the Help Desk.

I don't think allowing users to pull all their posts in a technical discussion forum is a good idea

puts major holes in the discussions - diyAudio in particular isn't just a chat room - many better threads are worth mining with search - lots of good stuff archived here

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Generally not. Pulling all posts plus all responses from other users to those posts is not only a HUGE task (we do this stuff on a volunteer basis), it's unfair to everyone else in the conversation who might not want their stuff pulled.

The TOS is pretty self-explanatory and rather generic. If you have any questions about it, drop a line to the site owner or the Help Desk.

that's a very good point...deleting post of one member creates mess...
I have another suggestion though, what if you just rename the posts as from "past member" ...in that case no one know who actually posted it, posts are not lost, plus after a while there will be many "past members"...so one member trully becomes forgotten...but not the posts, just a suggestion/compromise for both sides

Last edited:
If you read Right to be forgotten - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia you will see that the validity of such a right has been recognized by courts in the US, the EU and other countries. It wouldn't matter what the TOS say in such a case. "jus major derogat jus minor" - the part in conflict with a regulation just would be invalid. I have no idea how this is handled in Australia, where this forum is located, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.