Greetz from Belgium

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just registered and updated my profile . Name is Gerrit Govaerts . I have been lurking in here for quite some time , say a few years at least . I have been building loudspeakers for the last 20 years , starting with a Visaton kit , later on building stuff for others too based on published designs in German magazines . Over the last few years I have been intrigued by S. Linlwitz designs , both Pluto and Orion . I actually built a passive Pluto and 2 passive naked dipoles (with H-frames) . Rudolf Finke (dipolpus.de) was always very helpfull in this . Currently I am finishing a 3 way (or 3.5 way with Ripole sub) naked dipole , but active this time . UcD HG hypew amps , MiniDSP nanodigi and the DACS were supposed to be the AUNE Mini1793 SPDIF DAC Board -PCM1793+DIR9001
I bought them here : DAC,Audio Amplifier,Hifi Amplifier,Tube Amplifier,Hlly Audio, Hlly Electronics (David Gao)
I received 4 similar items , but dating from 2010 , no Toslink input , instead USB , the SPDIF input is not even connected to the PCB circuitry and does not function . It's totally useless to me . I already emailed David 3 times and no reply . I just wasted 304 $ on a product that is useless . I contacted Paypal , but let this be a warning for all : don't ever buy there !

What are you doing there?
I am basically a math modeller of supply chain problems and used to have the same job at Dow Chemical for 18 years (visited DOW HQ in Midland MI especially R&D dept many times) . I model scheduling problems , distribution problems and even investment problems on a network of plants and DC's . I am heavy into large scale Linear and Mixed Integer Linear programming if that rings a bell . Also all Travelling Sales Man Problem variants and their algorithms play an important role in my work . My first assigment will be to optimise a European network of 200 DC's . A few of them might get closed is my guess ...Then I will be assigned to an implentation of an Oracle soft that does Transportation Planning Optimisation . It tries to heuristically solve the multi depot capacitated variant of the Vehicle Routing Problem . After that I will get a Maritime transport problem on my plate

That's cool stuff, the end of the business where I have close to zero expertise. I just pushed hot plastic out of nozzles. :D
I met a lot of plant super intendents that managed huge continuous reactors and at the end of it nozzles were producing polystyrene or polyethylene spaghetti . Their main problem alawys and still is getting the sxitchover time (and consequently offsepc ) down . My job was to write a model to optimise the schedule i.e. tried to maintain as good a sequence as possible while still respecting due dates for orders (no stockouts) and maintaining an optimal balance between (sequence dependent) switchover costs and inventory cost . Long runs produce less switchovers but do require high inventories ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.