hello from hyderabad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum recently. I am quite surprised and pleased too, that there are so many DIY ers in India.

Reason being, how limited we are, regarding availability of components and drivers. But our ultimate goal is to achieve excellence from whatever limited options we have. That is what DIY is all about IMHO.

I have designed and built quite a few speaker enclosures using philips drivers and locally manufactured woofers and midbass drivers. Even the XO components are picked from electronic junk shops.

Recently started a 300W/C poweramp project , using ON bipolar output devices. I intend to use these in my HT setup, still not yet decided the speaker format though.

Well thats all for the intro. Hope to have a good time on the forum.

thank you all

Joined 2003
Paid Member
hydrovac said:
...how limited we are...
Hi Reddy

That’s the nicest part of Diy. Making something beautiful out of almost nothing.
Many (Or should I say ‘a few’) parts of the world really have too much and can hardly appreciate it.
At least it’s a good thing that Philips is spread all over the world. I don’t know there speakers though.

Welcome to the Forum :nod:

/Hugo :)

Welcome

Hi Krishna Reddy

Welcome to this forum..We have quite a few from all over India-Bangalore, Delhi, Jamshedpur, Bombay etc.

I have been into this hobby for about 7 years so far and have built my own 2-ways, powered subs, preamps and power amps..I got all my drivers from the US as well as my amps(kits)

Coincidentally I will be visiting Hyderabad for a day on Monday, great city, hope to enjoy some asli Hyderabadi biriyani there.

There are a couple of threads started by Indians-one in the intro section when I introduced myself(Hello from Bangalore) and connected up with many other DIYers all over India.

George

Reddy gaaru
Namaskara

Great to see you here. You will enjoy the desi company. Our lead member is Shri GJO who, as I can see, have already sounded you out being the enthusiastic guy that he is. He keeps the
India.gif
flying high around here. Let me take the opportunity to list out other desi leading lights too.

Shri Navin Advani
High End speaker guru. Several things rolled into one. Photographer, Musician, Silicon Valley techie. Great guy.

Shri Angshu Das
Practical Guru. Makes everything in-house. Tap him for great speaker designs, amps and such

Shri George (Aka GJO)
Kit Guru. Impressive hardware collection. Wellman Dyanco clone and AKSA. Get design for passive sub woofers from him. Great source of Single Malts and I hear for lager too. Naturally, since he lives in Banglore.

Shri Ashok Madhavan
Tube cum Digital Guru. Equally at home with 6192's and NE5532's of the world. Has many admirers in the Tube Forum.

Shri. TCPIP (aka Tarun)
Fandu Guru. Can hold forth on op-amp theory and Pt. V. M Bhat at once. He is PCBs'R'Us.

Shri Palesha
Subwoofer Guru. The only one here who has product bearing his name in the market (ok..we shall let Pass… well…. pass). Good reports on his subs I read on publications.

Shri. Vivek
Tweak Guru. We are fascinated by his attempts to tame his somewhat wild Denon AV receiver. Our sympathies are with him.

Shri. Ajju
Geek Guru. We applauded his recent response in a particular thread. Great going
India.gif

Shri Hunter Audio
Elusive Guru. Hope to see/hear more of his (or is it them??) and his/their transducers.

Shri Sangram
Chip amp Guru. Was the flag bearer from eastern India. Alas, we lost him to the big bad world of commercial Mumbai. I've never felt so dejected since Pam Craine quite Calcutta.

I’m sure I’ve left out some other Guru’s, but the above should suffice for the moment.

Enjoy and welcome again.:)

Reddy garu, bagunnara (i hope this is correct). Dive right into this forum. And take it from me, you will never leave this forum.
Corbato is right. I am doing all I can so that our Indian tigers (Bolton sub drivers) can tame the Japanese giant. Angshu is bending backwards to help me.
Again, Krishna enjoy!
Cheers,
Vivek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.