Hello from Wisconsin!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

So, a little background first. I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life (18 years). I've been interested in electronics and cars for as long as I can remember and I just recently got into audio a little over a year ago. Right now I am a freshman Electrical Engineering student at the Milwaukee School of Engineering where I am pretty sure I have the best audio system on campus. :D

My current setup is really not that impressive, but I like it. My speakers are a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 10b's from 1984 that I picked up in near mint condition at Goodwill for $20. So far the only mods that I have done are a crossover rebuild and upgraded tweeters. They came with SL1000 tweeters, but I upgraded them to RD0-194's if I remember correctly. For powering the speakers I have a Sherwood RX-4109 that does a pretty good job, but it can't fully power them so I am currently looking into making my own Amplifier.

My main purpose for joining this forum is to hopefully get help in building an Amp that can properly power my speakers.

So yeah, that's me.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of helpful people here and more advice than you might hope for. If there is anything I can help with just ask. Too cold outside now to do anything but have a couple of beers and listen to music. Summerfest seems so far away now but I hear we got Ms GaGa on the slate. It doesn't get any better than that for us Monsters!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of helpful people here and more advice than you might hope for. If there is anything I can help with just ask. Too cold outside now to do anything but have a couple of beers and listen to music. Summerfest seems so far away now but I hear we got Ms GaGa on the slate. It doesn't get any better than that for us Monsters!

Nice to see another Wisconsinite and thanks for the help offer!

I've never actually been to summerfest, but I hope to go next year now that I'm finally 18. I'm more of a classic rock and metal fan, so hopefully they will have something comparable to Metallica.

I don't know if anyone here is a member of the Parts Express Tech Talk (PETT) forum, but there is a handful of PETT members that have some very nice gear that are in your area. If you went over there and mentioned a get together, you might have some takers. Just like on this forum, they are some great guys.
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.