Another newbie from Arid-zona!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a retired electronics engineer who initially learned about vacuum tubes from my dad (retired electronics Chief) and then from USN ('63-'71). Spent 10 intervening years working as electronic technician at U.S.Army Proving Ground, Yuma, AZ. Went back to college and completed my degree and went to work in aerospace/defense industry for 28 years.

While in Yuma, I taught night classes in electronics, computer science, and automotive technology for 8 years at Arizona Western College, Yuma, AZ.

Wrote four 'Auto Shop' articles for HOT ROD MAGAZINE (one was selected among "best of year"); a software article for EDN Magazine; and authored the book "TRS-80 Assembly Language Made Simple", 1981, Howard W. Sams.

Operated "Vintage Amplifier Restoration" (VAR) out of our garage for 20 years ('86-'06) before medical problems got in the way. Specialized in "undoing" other peoples BAD modifications and tweekings...hence the word 'Restoration'! Turned lots of Fender silverface amps into 'blackfaced' circuits.

Last edited:
Wow. I graduated H.S. here, in '76, and went to DeVry in Phx 'til 79... Micro-Rel, Motorola, Werner big trucks, ON Semi... Then after 30 yrs. my parents back here in R.I. were geting to old to visit and my marrage was to old to continue. So, I'm back in R.I. till the housing prices return then it's likely back to AZ!
Welcome aboard. I like to hang out in the Pass Labs forum. See Ya Around...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.