Hi Everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to pretty much everything in it.

Basically I've just started a project. I purchased a vintage radio and I want to make it into a portable bluetooth speaker.

I've been told to just gut it and take apart a modern bluetooth speaker and put that inside, which I intend to do, but I would love to save the analogue volume control, and that's where I'm struggling.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Supraman

Thanks for the welcome!

The speaker will be a gift from a friend who isn't a huge audiophile, so I think bluetooth should be fine. It's more a case of trying to find a bluetooth speaker to take apart and put inside that would be easy to disassemble and that I'd be able to make look nice when connecting to the outside.

The radio is this one: UXR-1 Radio Heathkit UK by Daystrom, build 1963 ?, 8 picture

I guess the key stuff I want from it is aesthetics, so if I can affix a nice power switch on the outside, and maybe a line in port, and the analogue volume dial would be awesome. Looking at current bluetooth speakers on the market though, they seem very compact units, I worry that if I took one apart I wouldn't be able to attach anything new to it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.