Howya' Doin' from NJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I'm James from central NJ. I got into audio at 9yrs old when I fixed the first of many record players and cassette decks, but really got hooked when I heard a girlfriend's dad's system which included modified Dhalquist DQ-10s and a serious homemade turntable (looked kinda like a micro-seki) - I had never heard Pink Floyd's DSOTM like that. It was an amazing experience.

I graduated DeVry in 93 and my first job after school was at Adcom where I worked as a Service Tech, then Customer Service/Technical Support, and finally as a Product Development Assistant under C. Victor Campos. I then went on to work for Lucent Technologies, Philips Consumer Communications & Motorola developing audio in CDMA cell phones....until I was laid-off :(

I now work for a small company developing conductive inks (not Polymer Thick Films). I hope to use some of this ink in my audio projects soon.

I built my first loudspeakers and subs (North Creek) just a couple of months ago, and have for the past 1 1/2 years have been slowly designing & building a hybrid amplifier. I've done many mods and tweaks and have learned quite a bit in the process. At some point I hope to develop a solid enough philosophy on parts use and placement that I may be able to start a business based on it - I really want to get back into audio.

I like to ride my Buell M2 or Kawasaki ZRX1200 in my free time (and somtimes when time is not free) and goof around with old Macintosh computers.

I've been lurking here for awhile, but now it's time to share ideas and experiences, so </lurk> :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.