intro - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2002, 09:00 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi dice45,

Sorry to hear your bad experiences with King Alcohol, seems you got your discipline working, good thing. I only drink in the weekend, keeps me and my bank account healthy :-)
I also tend to collect as many 375mL bottle of bordeaux as I can find.. I have collect about 50 of them so far...

'Chateau Margaux and a Fijac' ehhhhhh Dammit.. I wish I could say the same.. I haven't been able to drink so excusive ... yet! (only the Classe A St.E being a birthday present)

But......I know Chateau Meyney.. I had the 1990 375mL bottle three times.. It's very very nice indeed and not so expensive. The Later vintages (1993 1995 1996 1997 yes :-) ) were not as impressive as the 1990..

I can recommend one more.. I just forgot the name .. but it's a chateau of the famous Rothschild familie .. they own 3 cru classes.. the least expensive chateau from 1992 was only 33 dutch guldens (about 16$ ) .. It was not very good, '92 being a weak vintage.. but for the price it was excelent..

malt wisky ... hmmmmm.. I would love to try some time but .. were would I start... and what does one eat with it .. english chease??
Old 28th February 2002, 09:22 AM   #12
stani772577

Hi guys

I think I started the "wrong" thread on this forum, something I didn't really mean to do, but so what!
Red wine goes very well with DIY audio and especially when listening to your favourite piece of music on your beloved equipment, or when testing and comparing something with friends.
Anyway, come Down Under and taste some of the most beautiful (and very musical too) Reds ever produced on this Earth.
As I said I am into analogue and wine is very analogue, very humane.

Cheers

Stani
Old 28th February 2002, 04:32 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to p31r Send a message via Yahoo to p31r
Default To All of You

Tim,
You are building a monster amplifier

Bernhard,
Hello, it's nice to heard that your grand ma have a telenfunken.
My telefunken speaker was belong to my grand pa, i take it
from his telefunken radio that was used by my grand pa for
listening a music in his favorite MW station. and yes you're
right i use my speaker in open baffle design, just like the
original design. wine?? how about eXtra Ordinary?
I would like to know about your amplifier,
so tell me about your amps bernhard?

Stan, and Thijs
Hello, nice to meet you, and please tell me about your amplifier

audio that build by your self,
and a bordeaux 1964 that you bought from your local store
Old 2nd March 2002, 02:11 AM   #14
dice45 is offline dice45  Germany
diyAudio Member

Thijs,

never got the icy touch of king Alcohol on my own shoulder, i am a classic "co-addict" which is a technical term for those having addicts among familiy and friends and unable to do what ought to be done: get rif of 'em. Today, i never would help an addict anymore until he comes to me, asking me unforced "help me get rid of the stuff and i already bought the handcuffs and here they are." Helping alcohol addicts I have tried to often and failed.

Malt whisky, what does one eat to it? Well, i would suggest the same as with Bordeaux, an excellent white wheat bread. Like the french do. Anything else spoils the gorgeous taste.

Pier,

Quote:
Hello, it's nice to heard that your grand ma have a telenfunken.

Misunderstanding "Grandma radio" is a common German term for old tube radios (open baffle, wood case) dunno what my grandma owned.

Quote:
I would like to know about your amplifier, so tell me about your amps bernhard?

My power amp is a thoroughly differential pushpull amp. But as it is still in the design phase, i hesitate to tell details.

What is clear already: the amp willbe zero loop feedback and

the output stage is a differential pair of AD1 (with a constant current source in the cathode) driving a Tango XE-45-5.

My initial idea was based on the need to have three stages and to tuck two XO networks between the stages. System 1 of both E80CC was meant to form together a choke-loaded differential pair with CCS, each system 2 was meant to be a cathode follower used differentially, also with CCS as load. Beauty of this is that amplifying tube matching is easy, cathode follower tube matching is unneccessary anyway.

But with the Fertin, I need only one XO network now, so i might try out interstage transformer coupling and for this i would go with another tube choice. My preferred input tube would be a #56 and my preferred driver tube would be the 71A; the interstage trannie would be a Lundahl LL1635. Negotiable in this concept is the input tube; the #56 has comparatively high plate resistance and with transformer coupling, matching of the input's differential pair is not that critical so i may settle on a 5687, better on a 6900 althoug they have a bit of too much amplification.

Info preliminary; as soon as i have something running, i post a schematic.

I listened to several amplifiers having driver (small) power tubes as driver with atleast the sonic reputation as the output tube. Stunning amps, each of them, particularly in the long-term listenability and seducability and absence of listening fatigue. Sakuma-san is right, the driver tube is atleast as important as the output tube.

The AD1 is beyond any questioning, and so is the 71A.

Hide this!Advertise here!