Hi guys !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, thought my first post to the forum aught to be here !

I stumbled across the forum whilst I was looking for information about the optical audio output (via toslink) of a Samsung Plasma TV as I'm looking to use a couple of JBL 8340 cinema speakers that I'm buying from a friend.

The plan is to run it through a digital to analogue converter then into an active crossover then to a chip amp for stereo. I have a little knowlege of DIY audio, more knowlege about pro audio (amps/cabinets etc), frequency ranges, crossover points etc. Hoping I'll be able to learn what I need to make this a succesfull project.

With that in mind, could anyone point me in the right direction of with forum to post in about this ?

Will eventually be wanting to take up another project of building a mini boombox into a random object, so again look forward to being part of the forum :)

Thanks,

Myles.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Myles and welcome to diyAudio! :)

I'm not 100% sure about where you should be posting, perhaps a few places... digital Source or digital line level is probably one place, and Chipamps another. You might want to do a search on minidsp as well as that may be an option for the Active crossover/dac (note I've no experience with them)

Tony.

Hi wintermute, and thanks for the reply !

I was leaning towards something in the digital forums, but do agree that I may have devide my project up across a few different forums.

In regards to the crossover, a friend of mine actually has a minidsp, they're quite interesting. But I think I'm going to go with an analogue crossover usually used for PA's. Cheap and can still do what I need it too ! Although that doesn't mean I can't upgrade eventually.

Thanks for the help ! :)

Myles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.