What scorcery is this??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys!

Im Micha from Germany and I joined the forum some time ago, but werent involved much, so here is my relaunch. :birthday:

I have no real basic knowledge about electronics, but i can handle a soldering iron and I´m willing to learn from you guys!

PLUS I love music and gear, and I really dig tubes and vintage stuff! Maybe I´m a bit audiophile, too.

What I listen to at the moment is Kanye West yeesus, beatles stuff, Justice, mr oizo, the m machine and doog blood, Adele, Coldplay, Hurts- so generally electronic stuff combined with pop. Used to be a rock guy, though.

Any starting help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

I initially came to the thought of building something my own because I stumbled over a 1176 diy video and since I always wanted to have one, I though I got to get on the way to be able to craft my equipment and to know whats going on inside, what alters the sound, etc. I also felt that knowing how to deal with electronics will help in my life.

Since it might be a bit too much to start with a 1176, I´l like to start with a DI box or a phono pre. But a 1176 would be my dream (and a pultec eq and tube preamps).

Cool that you hang out here :)

The first thing for me to know is what tools I need and what are good sources for parts and kits (preferrably in Germany, or EU)

I know the company mouser.com for components, and I believe they have a store in germany, too which makes shipping easier.

I bet you guys know more!

It is probably best for me to start with a kit or something...

My tools:
I have a soldering iron, something really basic, I don´t know if its precise enough, and a desoldering gun, and solder (60% tin).

I have a RME fireface Usb and Yamaha HS80 on the audio side. I wonder if the Rme is usable for oscilloscope software...

Unfortunately I don´t know people locally who have mastered the art of electronics and building, so I have to be inventive and learn how to read schematics myself :)

Thanks!

thanks for the comments, guys!

I found a lot of cool videos of projects on the tube.

@coolhandjjjl what kind of meter is good for this audio stuff? (i guess you mean a multimeter)

can it be one of these, or does it need to be something more sophisticated?
(for measuring transformers, and audio related stuff?)

Multimeter Digital Multimeter TÜV CE 9V Messgerät | eBay

this is the cheapest thing ever... :D

I found a dealer here in GER that has 19 inch racks: Schroff 48,26 cm (19) Komplett-Einschub - multipacPRO 20860-121 im Conrad Online Shop | 546390

Is this good for a 1176? I´d have to give the front to someone for drilling.

What do I have to know about basic electronics to get started?

Thanks!

(@coolhandjjl trueRTA demo worked immediately, but is not very precise) but have ok analyzers as VST)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.