Hello From Sunny Connecticut (not) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2003, 01:43 PM   #1
mpm32 is offline mpm32  United States
diyAudio Member

Smile Hello From Sunny Connecticut (not)

Hi, just registered and I am a diy anything fanatic. If it's out there, I try to build it. Or, at least research building it so I know how it works. I am interested in trying to build speakers and came across this great forum.

The decision to build came from wanting to build a center channel that would fit into a space in my tv cab. I can't find a good one prebuilt so, I thought I'd try to build one. The space I have is 5" high, 32" wide and 25" deep.

I was going to try to build a front ported MMTMM with a box vol of 1 cubic foot that will fit the space using 4 tangband W4656s sheilded full ranges with a tang band 28-847sa dome tweeter.

I have no idea if this will work or not but I'm going to give it a try. Still need to research how to build the 2-way crossover, never have done one before.

I've built some 2x15" bass reflex monsters when I was in a band but, those did not require crossovers.

Anyway, this site is great.
Old 11th December 2003, 05:13 PM   #2
dhaen is offline dhaen  Europe
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Hi, welcome to the madhouse

I am not a speaker expert, but I do have some knowledge of CRT's. Just be careful of choosing a driver with low magnetic field leakage.

Enjoy..

Hide this!Advertise here!