Hello from Vermont!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I found this site quite by accident, but from the looks of things, it's going to quickly become one of my favorite places to hang out. I'm in the process of preparing for my very first home speaker construction project, and during my numerous google searches, www.diyaudio.com kept showing up, so here I am.

I'm a car audio guy who needs a better pair of home speakers, and realized that it's foolish to buy a pair of speakers when I can use my current skills (along with a few newly learned ones) to build a better set.

Anyway, I'll be busy searching the archives and asking the occasional stupid question along the way. Hopefully I'll even be able to help out a little bit with car audio questions.:nod:

My first interest back in Grammar school was home audio, mainly because I hadn't yet been introduced to the world of cars. Being a huge car guy my whole life, it didn't take long for me to spend 90% of my money on cars and car audio instead of home stuff. Since I have a lot more time to listen to music in my car than at home, it makes sense. Through college I worked at a couple home/car audio stereo shops and my interest skyrocketed. I got my MECP installer certification, became an IASCA judge, and was on top of all the latest good stuff.

Now that I'm a working stiff, I'm beginning to appreciate my time in front of the tv at home, and I'm getting fed up with all of my half-finished, not-running car projects, so I'm starting to shift back to home audio.

I've pretty much learned all there is to know about car audio, and speaker-building is sort of a "new frontier" for me to extend my interests and go one step deeper into the technical aspects of audio from an engineering standpoint.

I'm also hoping to put some of my electrical engineering skills to work once I get more familiar with crossover design. God knows I don't use any of this knowledge at my job. :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.