hi everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys! thought I should introduce myself. in terms of audio, like many odds you, I've been playing around with bits and pieces since I was in my teens, starting off learning all about wiring seeing how many speakers I can vibrator to one amp, leaving how different impedances affect the sounds and what will pop a hamster good.

next I started building boxes for various types of speakers and learning about the various tips and tricks that go along with it.

next I got my drivers license so I started playing with car audio. I had all sorts of fun when I got my can, leaving more about enclosure designs which quickly lead to building fibre glass enclosures. the van taught me allot about what works with audio, what doesn't, why, and sometimes why although my idea worked and performed well, the better way to do it next time.

I later got rid of the van and got a tiny daewoo matiz. with this car I would put all I've learnt from the van and more into it. I'm having fun buying out all the little bits and pieces and trying to cream them into such a tiny package. unfortunately, although in quite impressed with the clarity of the system so far, the more I learn, the mow room for improvement I can see and hear. like using fiberglass woofers and a 6db crossover.. silly..

my view on home audio and car audio has shifted quite a bit over the years,mainly because I started to realise I spend more time listening to quality recordings in my car then from my home stereo. because of this it's important to me to make the system in my car as clean as I can, using what ever odd ball method I think up and consequently making plenty and learning what went wrong, what could be done to make it work, and why it may or may not be the done thing. I like to think it contributes to me not being the type of forum nazi that puts people down for trying something new or oddball. (cause that's usually me, e.g my plan to have 5 way speakers in my car with valve pre amp)

anyway, in terms of audio, that should be enough raining to give up an idea of me.

cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.