Hello! I'm building a mobile sound system for bike rides...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Just found these forums and I think they're going to come in handy. I've just started work on a sound system which will be pulled around by a bike (or two).

We've got quite a bike scene going on in St. Leonards, illuminated bike rides with a sound system. Anything up to 50 people in the ride. The guy who built the current sound system is leaving town and taking it with him so it's time to build a new one.

I've built a few before, but just by cobbling things together and not really understanding how to get the most bang for my watts.

As it's a bike system, played outdoors and running off a battery, I'm looking to get the most bang for my watt hours.

Just starting to plan the system, thinking about options. I'm even thinking of maybe building a couple of systems and linking them with radio or bluetooth or something. The current system is pretty loud, but if you're at the back of the ride, sometimes it's hard to hear. So a system front and back seems to make sense. Also means the weight is distributed between a couple of riders.

Anyway, that's my introduction, I'll take some time now and see what's already on this forum that might help me out.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.