Gainclone noob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I found this site referenced from loads of other websites and tutorials when trying to get information on Gainclones so thought I'd head over as it seems like a good place to get started.

I'm hopeful that I can use this forum to get some advice and info on Gainclones and then feedback from my own experience to help others as I go.

Oh, and my name is John

Gainclone is ONE specific topology.

That particular topology is not recommended by me and others for beginners, since it omits most of the stability ensuring components and leaves one with a chipamp that is likely to blow up, or damage speakers.

And that Andrew, is exactly why I'm here! I'm in no rush to do this so will be doing more research before even thinking about building anything.

So to clarify...I'll be looking for advice on the different types of Chipamps and the features/benefits of some over others.

I've had a look through some of the Chipamps people have created on this forum and they look fantastic, and I'm hoping I can take a leaf from the same book.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.