Hello from Germany

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
my name is Marco and I live in the north of Germany next to the danish border. I´m a guest in this forum for about 2 years.

I´m an audio and diyaudio freak and I´m currently working on several audio projects to renew my audio system:

Tube gear:

Mono Poweramps based on the Audionote Gakuon. All parts are ready, and I´m currently working on the chassis construction.
Same with the M10 preamplifier.

Solid state:

Developing a poweramp with bridged and parallel lm 3886.

Preamplifier : I have collected a lot of nice audiophile parts during the last years and currently I´m doing a lot of simulation
and testing to find the optimal solution.

Speaker:

Almost finished : 4 way speaker with ATC sb100/375 , sb75/234,
sm75-150s and a scanspeak RR 9700

I hope to find a lot of new knowledge as a member of this forum, and maybe I can give some usefull information.

Hi ,

all the speakers, except the 15" are mounted in a flat panel (open baffle) made with MDF. This panel is covered with leather (same style as the Sonus Faber Amati´s) This panel will be mounted in another baffle made with MDF and cherry wood. This baffle is about 5´high and 1,5´wide. The 10" is mounted above the sm75/150s which is mounted above the SS 9700RR.

The 15" is mounted in a closed cabinet with about 80l and heavy bracing. This box is made from MDF and and covered with some cherry veneer and some massiv cherry wood.

The crossover will be mounted on top of the bass cabinet. I have added some extra space inside the box. All parts for the crossover are from Jensen (foil inductors, capacitors) and Mundorf (zero ohm coil for bass and "supreme" and tin foil caps).

The work for the crossover is still in progress. I have started with some schematics from the internet and I will play with the values and do some measurements if the box is placed in it´s final position.

Marco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.