Hello! from Altus, Oklahoma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well Hello there!

I am new to the forums. I am currently an active member on NewTiburon forums, however I felt that since I am currently trying to get the best sound from my system and get the best information I should also inquire at an audio forum. So here I am

I have a decent amount of knowledge of car audio, however I am really trying to learn as much as possible. I have spent the past week or two researching and researching and learning new things about properly tuning an amp.

I have full access to DMM, and Oscopes and I can generate any signal tone that I desire with some music software that I have :)

anyways I am just sifting through the forums as of right now trying to find the info I seek..

I will just give a brief description of whats going on in my life of car audio

First - I replaced all my door speakers with some Kicker door speakers, which I dont really care for. I will be replacing them with either Polk or JLs when the time and funds are available to purchase a stereo amp to power them. I have a mediocre Pioneer DualDin touch screen head unit. I am have an Apline MRX-M50 which is 500w RMS, and I HAD an Alpine Type R SWR-12D4, which is now out of commission. I learned the hard way about amplifying clipped signals I am guessing. My sub was rated at 1kW RMS and at the time we had it hooked to a 750w RMS Kicker amp, and to make short of the story it started pouring out smoke from the port as if there was a camp fire inside the box.

I have recently come across a used DD 1512a which I am using for the time being, and with all honesty it sounds much better than the alpine, but the 500w amp wasnt even flexing the Alpine- so that could have been an issue.

Second- I am in the process of shopping for a whole new sub setup
I am looking into at the moment
-RE SXX
-Sound Qubed HDC312
- SSA Icon (which has a build and delivery time that is quite the turn off)
- Sundown Audio X-12 (which also has a build and delivery time that is longer than then SSA :( )

and for amplifier I have been reading about the
-Hifonics Hifonics BRX1100.1D
- Sound Qubed Q1-1200D Amplifier
-Stetsom Venom 1000.1 Mono Block 1210W

I am kinda on a budget otherwise I would be very inclined to purchase a Sundown amp.

I am only using one 12, since I drive a Tiburon and if any of you are familiar with the vehicle. It does indeed have a tiny trunk

Third-
I am learning about custom box building, as of the past 3 days I have been doing absurd amounts of math and drawing, Then remembered I had Google Sketchup, so I have been using my dimensions to design on there.. I have someone who is actually going to help my cut all the MDF and assemble it, since I failed woodshop in highschool hahaha

anyways.. this is a ridiculously long intro, I just wanted to let you all know who I was, what I am planning, and wanted to hear any opinions you guys may have!

thank you !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.