Hello there

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just to introduce myself...

I live in Sweden and is an old fart by now. I have used soldering irons since I was 12 and that's 36 years ago.

Most things I have built have tubes, be it audio or radio. Also restoring old radios and amplifiers whenever I find it.

I prefer the tubes but can listen to sandy things if they sound good.

Currently I have a homebrewed preamp with tubes driving a pair of restored Quad II (ubfortunately without the KT66's but raather 6L6GC's instead), a modified cheap Teac CD drive and a pair of homebrewed speakers I built 13 years ago and still are up to par.

I also have two other power amps, one with EL84's built from a schematics I found and one with EL34's I designed from scratch myself.

Right now I'm building up a home theater system where I will stick to sand state, it would be too expensive to tube it :)

The very first amp I built was with a pair of single ended EL90's, sometime in the late 60's. It sounded terrible :)

Hi Jax,

Welcome to the forum... from another old fart. We have all ages here ;)
Glad you prefer valves, so do I....must be the age...

We have at least one diyAudio member who's built a 5 channel valve amp (Bas Horneman).

The KT90 was not popular in the UK (except I think in imported Grundig tape recorders), so I have no experience of it.

Do call over to the Tubes forum. There are some interesting people there, and I'm sure you have a lot to contribute.

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.