New Ohio Member, First Speaker Project Photos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been meaning to join for awhile. Attached are pictures of my first DIY loudspeakers, As you will see I used the Fountek fw168 6.5 mid woofer with an SB acoustics SB29RDC tweeter. X-over is 2nd order butter with an impedance matcher on the tweeter. I am really impressed by the SB tweeter, it rivals the best of the electrostats that I have heard. The woofer is extended outward to match the voicecoil of the tweeter. Imaging and sound stage are pretty good, I am not sure that I am in love with the aluminum mid woofer, maybe after I break it in I will feel different, it sure is a punchy little fellow. Anyhow take a look at the photos if you want. Happy to share my hobby with you all, not many people understand how fanatical I am about good sound. Garry

Missing Pictures

I will take another stab at posting photos of my DIY.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 62
Not sure if I should post this here but I also design and build my own amps. I am building a project featuring a separately enclosed power supply into a large enclosure that houses a class a, a dc coupled amp, a class d, and a Tripath amp so that I can switch between them as I desire. I am a former audio engineer, cad/cam dude, musician, pilot, and am a Juris Doctor by trade (judicial magistrate)-I like to have all practical alternatives available to me to decide cases before me and am applying that philos to my taste in amplifiers. I will post updates as permitted by the moderator, but I am currently machining the enclosure. I have critically listened to most of the high end amplifiers out there and am looking forward to containing my favorites into a single large enclosure that I can switch between with an IR remote. Any thoughts are appreciated, I will share the Enclosure design and supplier with the group, as well as any circuits that I have devised or incorporated. Again, thanks for sharing my hobby. Hopefully my pictures made it to the thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.