bass ackwards intro!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted a question in one of the forums before I said hello.. so.. here goes

Hi all! I am a 4* something eh hem.. guy with little formal education in electrical. Oh.. I can keep my self from being electrocuted or burning down the house but, Im nobodys 'build an amp from scratch ' kinda guy. I play guitar and keyboards. a little harmonica ... Music and the quality of sound are a BIG deal to me. I have an old Navy ships radio, a Hammarlund its full of tubes. Currently its not functioning because I took a couple fuses out thinking I should go get some back ups .. then I lost the fuses.. DUH! I also have a 1969 Fender BandMaster Reverb amp head that I got ..... for FREEEEEEE.... ( SCORE!!) a few years back. It wasnt working and I went online and got schematics for it and did a bit of research and figured out the 6L6GC tubes in it were both toast. I bought a set back in, lets see... '04 or '03 I think. I also had to build an amp cabinet and buy speakers.. since that time I have seen the price of the stuff I used to DIY my amp sky rocket.. guess I was on the leading edge of getting back into tube sound or something eh? Anyhow.. I built a respectable looking cab, put in a couple of Italian made 12" Jensen C12Q 35 Watt speakers and lo and behold I was annoying the neighborhood!! I stumbled on a Sansui FR3060 tt ($20 in a thrift shop) about a year ago that was not running, had to rewire the tone arm and clean and lube the motor and also wound up having to solder in a new fuse and resistor cause I wasnt paying attention once and zorched ( technical term ) the originals. Anyway, I got it up and running and it sounds damn good~
Well there ya go! more info than you probably are going to read but there it is!

haha

Ben

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.