bass ackwards intro! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2013, 05:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default bass ackwards intro!

I posted a question in one of the forums before I said hello.. so.. here goes

Hi all! I am a 4* something eh hem.. guy with little formal education in electrical. Oh.. I can keep my self from being electrocuted or burning down the house but, Im nobodys 'build an amp from scratch ' kinda guy. I play guitar and keyboards. a little harmonica ... Music and the quality of sound are a BIG deal to me. I have an old Navy ships radio, a Hammarlund its full of tubes. Currently its not functioning because I took a couple fuses out thinking I should go get some back ups .. then I lost the fuses.. DUH! I also have a 1969 Fender BandMaster Reverb amp head that I got ..... for FREEEEEEE.... ( SCORE!!) a few years back. It wasnt working and I went online and got schematics for it and did a bit of research and figured out the 6L6GC tubes in it were both toast. I bought a set back in, lets see... '04 or '03 I think. I also had to build an amp cabinet and buy speakers.. since that time I have seen the price of the stuff I used to DIY my amp sky rocket.. guess I was on the leading edge of getting back into tube sound or something eh? Anyhow.. I built a respectable looking cab, put in a couple of Italian made 12" Jensen C12Q 35 Watt speakers and lo and behold I was annoying the neighborhood!! I stumbled on a Sansui FR3060 tt ($20 in a thrift shop) about a year ago that was not running, had to rewire the tone arm and clean and lube the motor and also wound up having to solder in a new fuse and resistor cause I wasnt paying attention once and zorched ( technical term ) the originals. Anyway, I got it up and running and it sounds damn good~
Well there ya go! more info than you probably are going to read but there it is!

haha

Ben
Old 21st April 2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Hi there Ben and welcome to diyAudio. Sounds like you have had a few adventures along the way
Old 23rd April 2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hello and welcome to diyAudio.

Hide this!Advertise here!