Hello From Campbell River BC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to the crowd.
I have been reading the posts here for a while and decided it was time I got into the discussion. I have been following mostly the loudspeaker forum over the last few months and have been extremely impressed by the knowledge base and enthusiasm.

I am an avid hobby brewer and hobby builder. Right now I am in the middle of building a strip kayak. Once I finish that I will be heading down the TL road. I hope to get some guidance from Planet10, MJK and others.
I seem to be compelled to make things. It does not really matter what it is, I just need to make stuff!

Strip kayak, huh? Bet your wood skills are top-notch. Have you seen the custom pedal kayaks made by Bob Stuart of Saltspring.

Planet10 and MJK are pretty quick on the uptake. In their e-mails, both have been very kind to a newbie like me. And Dave, I've met in person... a gentleman, indeed.

In fact, as your lurking probably already leads you to believe, these are a great bunch of people.

:)ensen.

Thanks for the note.
The kayak is coming along really well. I am just about finished. My wife will be real happy to get it out of the basement living room. I am getting ready to build a set of speakers. I am going to take a week or two off regular work near Christmas, so I hope to make a set of ML TL speakers. I am real interested in this concept and have just about got my thoughts inline to order a set of drivers and the components for a BSC filter. More to follow on the loudspeaker forum.
Maybe a Gainclone after that??

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum Scott....

Scott's boat does look to be a nice one.

dave

Attachments

• scottds-boats.jpg
    scottds-boats.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 44
Thanks dave:

The boat is almost finished now. She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) has given the order to get it finished and into the water. :clown: :smash: I am okay with that.
I am now ready to build a set of speakers. Here we go down the TL design road.
More to come on the loudspeaker forum
Thanks for the past and future help

SCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.