a new one

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
After reading some time on this forum I decided to subscribe and learn a lot of you here.
I plan already for years to build a tube amplifier and collect as much info as possible.
Some years ago I had the opportunity to listen to a set up with an SE Amp where the famous 300B was used.
I was amazed about the details in the music that I never heard before and after.

My set up would be a turn table with tube pre-amp + a tube amp connected to the pre -amp with also an option to connect my iPod to it.

I have build a KT66 Se amp.
Though i'm back to building solid state things now, Building tube equipment is a very expensive hobby (well, to do it right) i have done it one's but thats final.

Just had to do it one's right:D

I like the sound of a tube amp but the heat, energy consumption, oooh and don't forget the cell-phone sensitivity:p:

The funny thing was that i used a 60 year old dutch power iron and brand-new american output irons -- gave a special look to the whole shebang.

Cell phone sensitivety!
Oke, I didn't realize this. Then I might have to wait for a couple of years that my kids leave the house. Now it's packed with cell phones.
Good you mentioned it, I will reconcider my plan:(

About solid state, is this your own design and calculation or are you using good proved diagrams?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.