New from the Netherlands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own a (4x) 14-bit Philips CD-204 CD-player. Built like a tank, but it would be flexing the truth to say it really sounds good know in it's original condition. With some mods, I think there is potential...

I've heard these 14-bit TDA1540's are popular in Japan... (though non-oversampling is no option :))

Fedde

ps. Welcome to the forum!

Hi Hugo,

thank you for your welcome!
Using stoneage hi-fi(it was Philips's first stereo Hi-fi amplifier for low impedance speakers) can be interesting.(understatement)
It has a massive 50dB feedback in it's preamp,playing havoc with ultrasonic noise apparently.Oh well,something to fix....

Martijn

Re: cd 204

martijn said:
Hi Fedde,

if your 204 has lost it's touch,please do not rip out it's innards!
Just have it repaired.If well done it combines good rythm with stunning layering in silky,slightly offhand manner.

Martijn.

and thanks for responding :)

Maybe I will once put some effort in it to make it good sounding, but I doubt if it is really worth it. I probably have to spend >$100...
Did you change anything inside !?

Fedde

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.