Howyadoin'!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from Baltimore, Maryland USA!

I was bitten by the DIY bug around age 8 when my parents bought a 200-in-1 project kit from Radio Shack for my older brother and I. I took great interest in it and continued to experiment and ask questions.

Now, at 26 years old, I am still completely self-taught. I have built and repaired many audio electronic devices. Most notably I have built three all tube guitar amps of my own design. The first amp I built ten years ago was a "gainclone" based on a pair of LM1875 chips. I still use it today.

Self-teaching is a slow and painful process, but it allows me to work at my own pace. Every time I grasp a new concept it increases my interest even more.

When I discovered this forum I was ecstatic. There are thousands of members on here from all over the globe. There exists a greater sense of community here than any other forum I have encountered.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Mr. Transistor
Hope you don't mind me tearing your name apart...:devilr:
Welcome to this forum.
I recognise very well what you explain in your intro. I'm a little older, but it all started the same way for me.
I remember when I was nine or ten years old, no tube radio was safe.
"Self teaching is a slow and painful process" : You bet! Luckily I can make a living from my poor theoretical knowledge. Practical experience is the keyword for me. :)
There's not a single day in my life with electronics that someone told me: Now you do this and then you'll do that! Except the pressure of customers who want their stuff repaired as soon as possible. ;)

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.