New member from Canada.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from Ontario! I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to old or "vintage" audio. I recently sent in my Marantz 2245 to have a tech to see why my left channel is not as loud as my right. I purchased it from a yard sale and has been good to me these past 10 or so years. I drive a Rega Planar 2 turntable with the old R200 arm with an Ortofon Concorde, 30 stylus. This I listen to through a pair of Sansui S-730 three way speakers on one channel and a pair of Paradigm Titan bookshelfs on the B channel. Hope to learn lots!

Mmmh
HI:)
You have a problem: you have one speaker in excess !
While the receiver is...receiving the inspection, why don't you play with the
'equal' speakers?
I see from the web, an image of that Paradigm Titan, and it has an easily openable
plastic back.
You can remove it, and also the acoustic absorber ...well, or move it :)
Ok:Lesson one .
Stereophonic recording and the necessity of two acoustical sources to determine ...

Oh, ok, now I get it; I was confused by the 'channel' identification...so I tought
that unbalancing the output with different loads might have stressed one channel.
The receiver might be good ( warm :p sound) but it's an integrated radio-pre&amplifier so there are some compromises .
Sorting out the best sound from each stage then send it to some good ( best ?)
speakers is the goal for most of us.
Also, to be complete, extracting all the informations from the source component and listening in a room with good acoustics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.