Hi there, Where to begin?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there from Scotland,

Another where to begin thread. I like Dub Step music (very bass orientated) and I want it so sound and feel great. I don't need to shake the house down though, maybe just nudge it a little, so I want to build a subwoofer. My stereo speakers are fairly good quality Missions, but only work down to 40Hz.

I'm a physics teacher so I have access to most of the equipment I might need and my friend who teaches wood work will help me build the enclosure so that doesn't bother me. He's skilled.

I'd like to keep it below $200, preferably around $150. I know I'm not going to get top audiophile quality at this price, but I'm mainly doing it for the challange/fun and to learn. I can always try a more expensive project later.

How do I learn the basics?
Can anyone share a project with me that I can copy OR just tell me 'this' driver, 'this' enclosure?

Thanks,
Ewan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.