Hello - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2013, 07:40 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Default Hello

I grew up with a record collection numbering into the thousands, a pair of Klipsch Kornerhorns and a love of music. Needless to say I became a bit of an audiophile.

I've always enjoyed and been good at fixing/building things so I thought it was time to combine these traits and build some audio equipment. That's why I'm here.

I have three projects in mind that I will be (hopefully) working through in the near future.

1st - Portable Headphone Amp
2nd - DAC w/Headphone Amp
3rd - Turntable (probably w/phono pre-amp)

With the help of all you experienced members I hope to make some great sounding and looking products.

For those who are interested:

Right now the system in my house is made up of a Rotel 1057 AV receiver, Rotel CD Player, PS3 for Bluray, Moon Phono Amp, and an old Cheap pioneer Turntable with Ortofon Red Cartridge. For speakers I have a (lower end) 5.1 B&W setup, and Beyerdynamic DT880 250ohm and Grado SR80i headphones running through a Pro-Ject headbox.

The CD Player, phono amp, turntable and Headbox were purchased by my roommate though. Which is of course why I need to build these components for myself.

Happy New Year!
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 08:09 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
csom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Homeless, sweet homeless.
Welcome to the forum Omniflic.
Wish you a very happy new year too.
And happy building
__________________
Warm regards, Som
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 11:44 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator
 
Cal Weldon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near Vancouver
Welcome to diyAudio. Lot's of Victorian's here, you might know some.
__________________
Next stop: Margaritaville
Some of Cal's stuff | Cal Weldon Consulting
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 12:05 AM   #4
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniflic View Post
Right now the system in my house is made up of a Rotel 1057 AV receiver, Rotel CD Player, PS3 for Bluray, Moon Phono Amp, and an old Cheap pioneer Turntable with Ortofon Red Cartridge. For speakers I have a (lower end) 5.1 B&W setup, and Beyerdynamic DT880 250ohm and Grado SR80i headphones running through a Pro-Ject headbox.
Welcome to the forum Omni...

You've been shopping at the 'Hounds i see.

Put this summers VI diyFEST on your calender.

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 07:42 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Welcome to the forum Omni...

You've been shopping at the 'Hounds i see.

Put this summers VI diyFEST on your calender.

dave
I certainly have. That's where most of the stuff came from. I would love to attend the diyFest. I had no idea such an event existed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
Welcome to diyAudio. Lot's of Victorian's here, you might know some.
Good to hear. Maybe I can rope one of them into starting an electronics company with me. Something I've been contemplating for a few years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 07:46 PM   #6
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniflic View Post
I certainly have. That's where most of the stuff came from. I would love to attend the diyFest. I had no idea such an event existed.
I was one of the 3 guys that put Sound Hounds on the map in the late 70s.

This years diyFEST (in Aug) will be #10.


Quote:
Maybe I can rope one of them into starting an electronics company with me. Something I've been contemplating for a few years.
We should get together...

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 04:57 AM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria BC
10 years is a pretty good run. Where is it usually held?

I'll send you a PM with my details. I would definitely like to meet up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 05:41 AM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniflic View Post
10 years is a pretty good run. Where is it usually held?
Thread from last yars

9th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2012

dave
__________________
community sites t-linespeakers.org, frugal-horn.com, frugal-phile.com ........ commercial site planet10-HiFi
p10-hifi forum here at diyA
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:21 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2