Hallo from Germany

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all.

I'm a software engineer from Finland. I moved to Germany a little less than two years ago.

I got into audio during my studies, I bought an amplifier and a CD-player, and built my first pair of speakers from a kit. Later I tried building an amplifier, a single chip solution from Elektor, which I found quite dull sounding, and a sub woofer with a Focal Audiom 13 KX element. Boy, that was something!

A few years ago I got a new inspiration to build stuff and went for the Truepath amplifier from 41hz, with a Hifi2000 case of course.

As a part of the move to another country, I sold almost all my audio equipment, like home theater pre and power amplifiers, speakers for 5.1 -system, video projector etc. I brought my DVD/CD-player, Playstation and a pair of DIY speaker kits and their semi finished enclosures with me to Germany. Here I finished that pair and built an little D-class amplifier (AMP6-B kit from 41hz) to go with them. Those are now my daily set here.

How about the future?

Now I'm building a second set for my electronics bench. That's going to be a pair of full range speakers with 3" Tangband elements and a very small D-class amplifier. And then maybe a sub woofer, a smaller this time. Or maybe a new pair of speakers, as I have read local Hobby Hifi magazine here and wondered how a magnetostatic or AMT tweeters would work. Or perhaps a bit beefier amplifier or...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.