Hello from Denmark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I am a 57 year old male. I have allways liked electronicks and it is my education as well.

I have a soft spot for radio tubes. Last Year I built a stereo amplifier with four EL-34 in the exhaust. The special thing about this is, that it is the only (to my knowledge) tube amplifier that can be frimware upgraded :)
This is because it is controlled by an AVR128 microcontroller. It automatically secures proper heating time before applying the plate voltage, it adsjusts bias, checks if speakers are present and so forth.

Now i have got hold of an old Hickock 533 tube tester. I have cleaned it up and done some calibrating. BUT.

I am in the process of adding a couple of microcontrollers to it that will mesaure (within one or two percent accuracy) the real transconductance of the tube beeing tested, as well as other relevant voltages and currents. This
was originally thought to be a calibration tool (replacing "calibration" tubes), but i will add it permanently to my Hickock.

This can be done rather easy without interfering with the existing circuit. Just af few "sniffer" wires is needed.

Anyone interrested in such an "add on" feature?

Merry X-mas
Bent Erik Thomsen

Welcome to the forum, sir.
I have been longing for long to know more about tubes and the usage of micro-controller in audio and I find that your kind presence here is a privilege.
I,personally, would be grateful if you kindly share your wisdom in a thread with gradation considering the novice.
And, Merry X-mas to you too :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.