Newbie in need of basic help and a starting point - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th December 2012, 09:20 AM   #1
3putt2o is offline 3putt2o  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Newbie in need of basic help and a starting point

Hi there, i would like to start by saying everything on this site is new to me including the forums. I have recently purchased a Lepai 2020A+ amp, two speakers (Pyle Blue label 200W 5.25" PL53BL) and a Pyramid Power 300W 6" sub. Is there anyway to hook these together into the 2020A+ amp which only has connections for two speakers. I realize this question is very primative. When ever i try and do the research my mind goes crazy with design possibilites. Thank you for your time. Hope to engage in more discussions in the future.
Old 8th December 2012, 09:40 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

You really need a 3rd amplifier for the woofer. The Lepai, i believe, is a bridged amp, so you need to be careful not to connect the 2 black speaker terminals together. Lepai has a slightly more expensive amp that is 2.1, separate amps for the HF speakers and an XO and amp for the woofer.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Lepai 2.1 2x40W Amplifier + 1x68W Sub Output 310-308

dave
Old 8th December 2012, 09:49 AM   #3
3putt2o is offline 3putt2o  Canada
diyAudio Member

hey there Dave, thanks for the quick reply. If you are suggesting i may need a third amp for the woofer would you also be saying that i need two amps to run only the Pyle speakers?

Hide this!Advertise here!