Newbie in need of basic help and a starting point

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, i would like to start by saying everything on this site is new to me including the forums. I have recently purchased a Lepai 2020A+ amp, two speakers (Pyle Blue label 200W 5.25" PL53BL) and a Pyramid Power 300W 6" sub. Is there anyway to hook these together into the 2020A+ amp which only has connections for two speakers. I realize this question is very primative. When ever i try and do the research my mind goes crazy with design possibilites. Thank you for your time. Hope to engage in more discussions in the future.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You really need a 3rd amplifier for the woofer. The Lepai, i believe, is a bridged amp, so you need to be careful not to connect the 2 black speaker terminals together. Lepai has a slightly more expensive amp that is 2.1, separate amps for the HF speakers and an XO and amp for the woofer.

PL53BL.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Lepai 2.1 2x40W Amplifier + 1x68W Sub Output 310-308

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.