Hello everyone I'm new!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So hi! I'm Craig and since developing a neck problem that's forcing me out of work I have been whittling away a list of interests to keep me out of trouble and while listening to music far too loudly and worrying about frying my tweeters decided I would brush up on my ageing electronics training and deepen my knowledge of all things that power my long time love, music!
I'm into anything rock and classical, not much in between. This is all currently delivered from an Onkyo TXSR receiver into a pair of Cambridge Audio S70s
My goals as I write are to understand more about how everything I hear is reproduced and start to build some simple amplifier circuits and build from there. I have very little top end on my hearing something I used to compensate for years back with a eq in my seperates system but I'm not sure this would be the right thing to introduce into a proper hi-fi setup. So maybe with a bit of learning and understanding I may be confident enough to either build or modify something to allow me to hear them hi-hat clicks properly again!
I currently have a stack of unwanted audio and electrical items I'm desoldering components from to facilitate any mad scientist moments So any pointers to some interesting threads or basic builds would be most welcome.

Looking forward to spending some time here, all the best

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.