HI DO U KNO ABOUT AUDIOO - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2012, 08:57 PM   #1
7moore7 is offline 7moore7  United States
diyAudio Member

Default HI DO U KNO ABOUT AUDIOO

Just kidding...

I've looked at enough blocked pictures in the last week to finally register. You guys have something else going on here and enough collective knowledge to probably plug in a Wave Radio or or something. Long story long, here's a little about me:

I know very little about electronics and less about audio. I've hooked up a deck and car speakers, and done some stuff wiring motorcycles including messing with LiFeP04 battery cells, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. Unless you count the remnants of U.S. high school physics floating around but that's worth about as much as this cup of coffee in front of me. Except the cup is real and tangible so I'll take it instead.

I kind of stumbled on you all because I was interested in making a portable speaker box music system thingy. Found some kits online and then stumbled on the Boominator and that thread turned my relaxing lunch breaks into a brain musher and I'm aimless on the dark side of the audiophile moon. Speaking of that, I'm not an audiophile at but don't ascribe to be. I am as content listening to Garth Brooks on an old car radio as I am listening to Metallica on quality headphones. But that being said, I love learning about tech stuff, absolutely love active forums which seem to be better education than school, and am testing the waters of this new hobby. All I know so far is that most stuff is so far over my head that I'm having a hard time even keeping notes on basics straight!

I've tinkered quite a bit with vehicles and am a designer during the day (you know, like crayons and turtle necks), so am not a stranger to messing things up before getting them right.

With all of that, I have a couple of (should be) quick questions that I would very much appreciate being pointed in the right diction of.

1) I'd like to make a halfinator or qubinator for camping trips and pooltime fun. How ambitions is this as a first project? I'm a fast learner, but starting from basically ground zero how hard would it to be to make as a gift for a certain December holiday in, say (hypothetically) a month? Just asking that question might be a clue, but it could be simpler than the 300 page thread is making it...

2) I know the price for making this thing varies as much as ice cream flavors, but for a basic qubinator with quality parts, what am I looking at? I realize this isn't the perfect place for this question but figured I'd throw it in there.

Catch y'alls later!
Old 9th November 2012, 09:07 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

dave
Old 9th November 2012, 09:25 PM   #3
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

I don't know if you are looking specifically for a Boominator, but here a couple of builds you might consider. I'm not sure of the cost.

Cougar Jr.

Cougar

I heard the Cougar and it was very nice.
Mike
Old 9th November 2012, 09:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Whoops thought I added that- I'm in Phoenix.
Old 11th November 2012, 01:26 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

The cougar/cougar jr seem like a little bit more in my league, I'll look more into those, thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!