saying hell from the pacific northwest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. Im a guy who loves tinkering with old machines and electronics. Last year i recapped a 1938 westinghouse radio and.. i got the electronics bug. Since then ive built a few simple single tube 01A regenerative receivers, some crystal radios with solid state amplifiers. Recapped a few more tube radios, even attempted and sorta succeeded in getting a '56 packard bell tv working.

I look forward to seeing what some of you have done.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hello all. Im a guy who loves tinkering with old machines and electronics.
Nope, none of that going on here.
Last year i recapped a 1938 westinghouse radio and.. i got the electronics bug.
No.
Since then ive built a few simple single tube 01A regenerative receivers, some crystal radios with solid state amplifiers.
No sir.
Recapped a few more tube radios, even attempted and sorta succeeded in getting a '56 packard bell tv working.
Nuh-uh.
I look forward to seeing what some of you have done.
No pics allowed here.

:D Welcome aboard jbivy, sounds like you'll fit right in. Any pics to show us?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Im not allowed to edit my posts yet, or i dont know how, so i decided to hold off. I'll have to take some pictures of my projects. Right now im building a three tube, all cx-301-A, regenerative receiver. Then im modifying and adding a second RF stage to a 1923 radiola model 3. WD-11's are too pricey, so i converted it to two cx-299's . For the new RF stage im using two short pin uv299's in a push pull design. Im currently looking for the correct transformers for that. I'll use modern ones for reliabillity. Yes, this is a model 3, its just sitting in a 3a case, which was longer as it has a built in amp. Its fairly rough, but the coil, panel and transformer was good, it had this cabinet, it looks like it needs to be put back into some form of working shape. Or in other words, its rough enough for me to modify and not feel bad about it. Id like to be able to drive a medium sized speaker.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.