Hi from The Netherlands - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mozartsghost
Talking Hi from The Netherlands

Hi DIYAudio.com !

Ok, I am from Hilversum, The netherlands, I have been a member here since March 2009, but I have never posted anything, just been browsing and observing

I decided to introduce myself because I want to get more involved with the building of some Krell clone amplifiers .. I am originaly from South Africa, I moved to The Netherlands on 21'st august 2012, this year. Just before I left South Africa my workshop and office got broken into and almost all my equipment was stolen along with my audio equipment .. so I was left with nothing, this was part of my decision to move to the Netherlands.. I have owned my fair share of audio equipment but was mostly my friends who had the really nice stuff since I could not allways afford the best .. so I am familiar with the marantz's and B&W's and B&O's and even some krell's

Ok, so I am starting new, but this time I decided I want to build my amplifiers and speakers and everything from scratch, I have built a lot of other things before and I do some micro electronics, but its more digital electronics like PIC microchips and assembler and such.. I would really like to get more into audio electronics and I think this is my chance.

Well, I hope to become a household friend here soon, Greetings to everyone !

Wolfie.
Old 3rd November 2012, 04:25 PM   #2
DUG is offline DUG  Canada
diyAudio Member

Greetings
Old 3rd November 2012, 04:55 PM   #3
jrenkin is offline jrenkin  United States
diyAudio Member

Welcome! How hard was it to learn Dutch? I have been interested in moving to Holland myself, but to work there, I need to speak Dutch.
Old 3rd November 2012, 05:05 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi jrenkin

Well, I am from South Africa .. so my native language is "Afrikaans" it's like 75% the same as Dutch ... but the accent is WAY different .. so I can understand most of what people say here but it is still a little difficult for my to talk back .. haha ..

although I have a work colleague here who is from lebanon and he is learning dutch at a really fast pace .. he talks better than me allready .. so I guess it is not really that difficult and dutch lessons are generaly quite cheap ! ..

It is quite a nice place to live .. but not so much space as I am used to back home .. I am sure in the USA it is the same .. lots of space .. but other than that I really enjoy it here ..

@DUG, thanks greetings to you too !
Old 3rd November 2012, 05:50 PM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Welcpme to the forum Wolfie. Probably the hardest part of building your own hifi, is deciding what to build from the myriad choices

dave
Old 3rd November 2012, 05:55 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Welcpme to the forum Wolfie. Probably the hardest part of building your own hifi, is deciding what to build from the myriad choices

dave
Haha .. Thanks Dave !

Yes indeed, there is a galaxy of information on this forum it seems .. so far I have a decent idea of what I want .. but the road to getting there .. well, lol, it changes along the journey ..

Hide this!Advertise here!