Introducing myself

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in UK.

My main interest has been ham radio. I joined DiyAudio at first to ask questions about tubes.

Audio engineering is okay, not that I know much about the subject. It's interesting of course as all electronics. I have a few audio tubes and components.

I'd like actually to make a commercial product. One idea I have involves an audio amplifier. Whether it's viable or not I don't know. I suspect some people here have knowledge of what might make it in the commercial world. And perhaps there are people here that can offer services.

I've also joined http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk. I'm "richard256" on that website. I just made an introduction there which folks can read.

If my idea has some merit, I'll need support. Advice etc, doses or reality! I'm seeking knowledge and contacts I guess in relation to my product idea. I hope that's fine.

I was just looking to see if there is a dedicated forum under the commercial section for those DIYers who wanted to colaborate or be involved in (at some level, even if it's just to express their purchasing preferences) on commercial projects. I cannot see one. I don't know whether such a forum is against the spirit of DiyAudio or not. :c) I don't think so.

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Richard and welcome to diyAudio :) I don't think that there is a specifc area like you have asked about, but you could start a thread in vendors bazaar I guess.

Sometimes people start threads in the normal areas, and as it starts to become commercial it gets moved, but if that is the intent from the begining it may be best to start it in the commercial area in the first place :)

Tony.

Last edited:
Hi Richard.

Before sinking too much time into this, get yourself a rough quote for product liability insurance to cover you for selling non mass produced mains powered equipment.

You can probably quadruple the cost if you want to export to the US or Canada assuming you can find anyone to sell you the cover in the first place.

Sorry to sound negative but you must know you are well protected in the event of a problem as the alternative could utterly ruin you.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.