New member and already have a project in hand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi new member,

I got referred to here by somebody on a guitar forum.

I have lots of experience working on tube guitar amps. I repair my own stuff. Been playing guitar for 20+ years. I was into tubes when everybody else wanted the latest rackmount solid state setup, and I grew up listening to vinyl. I can remember my dad taking me to the music store and asking to take the album out so he could spin it on a pencil before he took it home.

Well he passed away, but right before he had built a dual mono block system. Its two heathkit wm5 amps, some sort of tube preamp from a kit company, and a pair of totem tower speakers. I didnt like the totems as much as the Klipsch Cornwalls I had so I used the tube amps on those for awhile. Well I got tired of hauling the cornwalls from place to place and they were getting damaged in storage so I sold them. They are at another HiFi fiends house getting pounded by an old Sansui.

So anyway the amps need to be gone through, I have two that were working until one of them smoked out on my brother, and a third one I guess for parts.

I asked on that other forum and they told me to come here for help. I need to check out the power caps first and go from there. But I want to fix them up nice. I also brought home a big pile of tubes, some new some NOS.

I dont really have the time for pics right now, but tonight I plan on putting up a few pics, not so I can boast, just so everybody believes that I actuall have all this stuff.

So I hope to be around for awhile and learn some things about HiFi.

Take it easy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.