New dude here!, Please read and help me :D - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2012, 08:37 AM   #1
morox is offline morox  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default New dude here!, Please read and help me :D

Hi!, my name is Javi, i am new here and i want to learn as much as i can.

I have been taking a look at the forum structure, reading some posts, etc etc and still don't know where to open my post. Actually 22 days reading (not all of them, but quite a lot) and still confused .

I will explain it briefly here, and hope to be pointed to the right place.

I want to build up a decent 4X100Watt amp for my car. the point is not spend less money than buying a "standard" one, but building a decent one, with good audio quality.

The thing is I pretend to get out spdif from my car-computer, and plug it directly to the amp, so the amp has also to be a DAC, from Spdif to 4 way channel. As it is going to be in the car, it has to run at 12V input.

I also pretend it to have a couple of ¿crossover? for front ways as they are 1 tweeter and 1 mid. Don't know if i can build it all on the same enclosure, or if it is a nonsense, and is preferable to take it apart. Rear ways are coaxial loudspeakers, so I think, i do not need anything special.

well...that is all for now. Hope to hear soon and learn from you guys

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2012, 10:37 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hello and welcome. I can't help you with your project but you might want to post it in the car audio section.

Hide this!Advertise here!