Here to change the world

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...of audio equipment.

Hello all,

My name is Mike, I've been snooping quietly around this forum and similar ones for years and now I think it's finally time to make my contribution. I'm a fourth year electrical engineering student. I have always been fascinated by electronics, even before I could walk, and I spend a significant amount of time learning.

It is my life's goal to start a company that produces high-performance audio equipment, focusing mostly on active speakers. I take a no bs approach; applying proper engineering technique to produce a product of measurable quality, not a product that uses deceptive tricks to give the illusion of quality.

My first product is nearly ready for launch; it is a high-performance compact, active stereo system with bi-amped speakers and an appropriate dose of DSP. Each speaker, standing at eight inches tall, occupies a space of just an eighth cubic foot yet these puppies can stretch their legs beyond 50Hz at appreciable volume. I may or may not start a thread detailing their design, I haven't decided yet, but what I would certainly like to do is help people out with the knowledge I've attained and hopefully hook some people up with some damn nice sounding equipment at a price that is fair.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Member waking up from lurk mode is most welcome. Sharing knowledge in the categorized diy forums here even more. If in plan to discuss own product specifics though as a marketing aid, there is the vendors area for that.

My first product is nearly ready for launch; it is a high-performance compact, active stereo system with bi-amped speakers and an appropriate dose of DSP. Each speaker, standing at eight inches tall, occupies a space of just an eighth cubic foot yet these puppies can stretch their legs beyond 50Hz at appreciable volume. I may or may not start a thread detailing their design, I haven't decided yet, but what I would certainly like to do is help people out with the knowledge I've attained and hopefully hook some people up with some damn nice sounding equipment at a price that is fair.
Sounds interesting, I for one would be curious what issues you've addressed ... welcome!

Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.