Is this a DIY Anonomous Meeting?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI My name is Paul. I am a DIY junkie.I have to say I've never felt so happy about getting up at all hours of the day or night just to read this new found forum. That being said, I can still recall when it started for me. I had learned that by taping a couple of pennys to the tone arm of my Dad's turntable ( 1970 Sanyo Component setup),my very first rocknroll album, CCR Bayou Country sounded even better. Since then I"ve Kept on Chouglin:) My family members and most of my friends still do not understand the passion one has for this constructive and most satisfying hobby. They rather go sit out in the forest alone,with millions of bugs, for days at a time just to get the one perfect shot at some unsuspecting animal, or they stand in a fast flowing, bone chilling river, hoping for the one big record fish. Each to their own. I how ever will sit in my sound room( most normal people refer to it as a livingroom), for days at a time just to hear that one perfect song that is so Holographic in nature, I swear I been on stage with the best musicians ever to have graced this world. For now I will still try to uphold the 12 step program. Yours truly 2Sick2Pray.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
For now I will still try to uphold the 12 step program. Yours truly 2Sick2Pray.

Hello - My name is c2cthomas - and I am a DIY Audioholic.......
Grant me the serenity to change the components that I can
The courage to accept that I can never change all of the components for what I really want.
And the wisdom to know the difference..... :D:D:D

Welcome to the meeting brother!!!! May you find the perfect tune to play. Az to finding the perfect system - ain't gonna happen..... accept it. (see my signature)....:rolleyes:

Hello - My name is c2cthomas - and I am a DIY Audioholic.......
Grant me the serenity to change the components that I can
The courage to accept that I can never change all of the components for what I really want.
And the wisdom to know the difference..... :D:D:D

Welcome to the meeting brother!!!! May you find the perfect tune to play. Az to finding the perfect system - ain't gonna happen..... accept it. (see my signature)....:rolleyes:
What are the other 9 steps:D now back to my mod on a Paradigm PS 1000sub( my father so generously gave to me,with a blown amp of course).My mother(75yrs) was smiling all the way out the door and even offered to help.Odd I'd say. 2S2P

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum,

My grandparents lived in Red Deer when i was growing up (I grew up in Stettler) so am well familair (at least as it was in the 60s & early 70s). My Uncle (who was a star QB for the Red Deer Raiders*) is now back part-time developing & building condos. * about the time you were playing with your dad's TT our football team was walking over all the teams it played against.

dave

Welcome to the forum,

My grandparents lived in Red Deer when i was growing up (I grew up in Stettler) so am well familair (at least as it was in the 60s & early 70s). My Uncle (who was a star QB for the Red Deer Raiders*) is now back part-time developing & building condos. * about the time you were playing with your dad's TT our football team was walking over all the teams it played against.

dave
I lived in Cold Lake during that period as my Dad was a Radar tech and he used troubleshoot, by phone from our home, all the radar systems across Can, for hours at a time, probably where I learned to visualize problems. One other note I almost bought your FF85WKen's for the third most ugliest OB design. My last and final attempt to buy the JBL2213H's got to be to much so I've gone to a LaScala on steriod build. Will keep an eye out for the JBL's and try to revisit your site again. All the best to you Dave 2S2P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.