Hello Everyone :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
My name is John, and live in SE Wisconsin. I am currently running a Velleman K4040 PP amp with a Velleman K8021 Control Amp, both which I built from kits. I'm now officially a tube junkie! What I really want is a 300B amp, and I want to build it. Lucky for me I happened to stumble upon Tubelab Home and found a very nice board there for a 300B SE amp. I'm in the process of working on it but still have a long road ahead of me...I need to proceed slowly and carefully since I'm still pretty green as far as building amps. That's why I joined here!! There is SOOO MUCH info here, and I hope to get to know some of you here :)
All I can say is that I just LOVE the sound that tubes give me and want to kick it up a notch or two :p
Take care...and keep 1 hand behind your back ;P
Corporal Clegg

Hi Picowallspeaker :)
Thank you for dropping me a line or two! I've been a Floyd fan since high school! I've learned more about them just recently than I ever knew before just from watching the DVD, "The Making of Dark Side Of The Moon". I have DSOM on 180gm vinyl and the sound is just great!! Take care, friend...
Corporal Clegg «John»

OH!! forgot to mention that one of my favorite Floyd oldies is See Saw...

See Saw ... i was just to mention it !
6000 Km is nothing to the power of mind !
I have ' A nice pair' and I re-discovered DISC-Over :drink:
it about 2 weeks ago .
Also , I had to add damping fill to my boxes
because the organ in 'A saucerful of secrets' caused some
stationary waves and resonances inside the box to make happen some frequency shift
which is not very pleasant to hear ( it's a 2 meters line tapered TL ).
I really fear the RT60 effect !
BTW RT it's Reintegration time :scratch:
It's the time that the ear may be tricked when sounds are below some time threshold

Also , I played for the very first time their first album , which I have on CD , and
it's totally different !

You sound like a speaker builder!! I have a set of vintage early '70s Altec Lansing model 874a Segovia, which is the only model that Altec produced that were 4 ohms. Also, I have a vintage set of Marantz model 6G that were given to me... I have a thing for vintage speakers and electronics!
Good night...
Corporal Clegg

Oh yeah !
Glad to inform you that my woofers belong from an
Altec box ( Model 300 me think)

Attachments

• DSCN2235.JPG
    DSCN2235.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 21
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.