Hiya from Oregon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings from the Pacific northwest...

Long time player (of multiple instruments), and as I have found (the hard, expensive way) that there are no reliable amp techs within a 2 hour drive of me, I've taken to learning how to do my own maintenance and repair on my noise makers. I'm great with the hands on part (proficient with soldering/desoldering/component replacement) but woefully limited on the theoretical end of things. Started off modding pedals, so I have a few dozen successful stomp box bends and some minor amp repairs under my belt. Now on to more complicated things...

Been surfing DIY for a week or so, and while it's mostly Swahili to me, I've learned quite a bit nonetheless.

Current (get it?) need/project is a soft start in a Randall SS head, so I'll be, uhm... starting there... :p

Much appreciation for the wealth of knowledge here, and I hope to soak up as much as I can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.